April Showers Bring Indoor Fun
Being stuck indoors on a rainy day doesn’t mean you can’t have fun! Keep kids busy and entertained with TTPM’s picks for the 10 best rainy day toy and activity ideas for boys and girls:
- With the Fablossom Maker Kit from Anubias Enterprise, kids can make cute fabric flower accessories with no cutting, sewing, or gluing required. This no-mess kit uses a special board to help kids fold the fabric pieces and create wearable accessories.
- Crafty boys will like making their own wristbands out of colorful nylon cord with the D.I.Y. Cobra Bands kit from Alex. The chunky finished bands give kids a surfer/skater vibe and are easy for boys to make. The kit comes with enough materials to make five different bands.
- The It’s Alive! Slime Lab from SmartLab is so much fun, kids won’t even know they’re learning a little science while making gross slime. Make 10 different slime recipes and do 20 experiments, some of which involve the motorized Slime-O-Nator that makes slime grow, dance, and mutate.
- Hasbro’s DohVinci kits are a fun way for kids to express their creative ideas in all kinds of room décor. The sets come in different sizes and themes, from the larger Style & Store Vanity, which lets kids use the DohVinci compound to decorate a mirror vanity, to the smaller Door Hanger Kit that lets kids add their own individual touches to the cardboard door hanger.
- Make your own jewelry and accessories with the Connects Tall Pail from Fathom Company. Kids can get super creative with this big set that includes 950 plastic chain link pieces in a variety of colors that kids easily connect to make necklaces, belts, headbands, or whatever they want to create.
- There’s nothing better than playing a fun game on a rainy day, and young kids will enjoy playing Charades for Kids from Pressman Toy. This makes the classic game of Charades a little easier for ages 4 and up. It’s a great way for kids to think creatively, move around, and get silly.
- With more than 500 design combinations, Mattel’s AmiGami toys will definitely keep kids busy as they create new looks for their plastic AmiGami animals using interchangeable paper parts and reusable stickers. There are nine AmiGami animals to collect, including a monkey, a deer, a horse, and a dog.
- If you’ve got hungry kids, help them make their own candy bars with the Chocolate Bar Maker from Moose Toys. You provide your favorite chocolate and fillings, and the Chocolate Bar Maker kit gives you the tools to melt and mold custom-made, professional-looking chocolate bars.
- And to work off all that chocolate, get active indoors with the NBA Backyard Sports Mega Morph Super Hoop from Day 6 Sports Group. It comes with a small foam basketball and basketball hoop that attaches to most doors. There are two game modes, game announcer and sound effects, and the motorized rim changes sizes as you play.
- An electronic timer adds a level of competition and frenzy to finding matches in the card game Spot It Freeze from Blue Orange Games. The game has 55 cards, and there is always only one matching symbol between two cards. With three ways to play the game, you can play a different way each time.