Toys for Dogs Recovering From Surgery
(Disclaimer: Although we consulted with a vet and have their sign off on the infographic, the content below is just an opinion. You should always double check with your own vet and licensed professional before applying any advice, buying any toys or performing any tasks, especially when your dog is recovering from surgery. Every procedure is unique so seek licensed help before acting or making decisions. The content below is not and should not be taken as medical, legal or doctor’s advice)
From operations to accidents, here are some dog toys to keep your playful pooch engaged while in recovery.
Use the code below to share this infographic on your website or blog:
When your best friend is recovering from surgery, you need to keep them engaged while recovering. Here are some toys that are Vet recommended by Dr. Dan Teich of DistrictVet.com based on their type of surgery.
Post Orthopedic Surgery
Restricting movement while keeping your dog entertained can definitely be a challenge. These toys were picked for dogs recovering from orthopedic procedures because they can be played with gently while helping to tire your dog’s brain.
- PetMates Zoobilee Might Meaties Plush Dog Toy – this toy allows for gentle tugging while your best friend rests.
- Kong Rubber Chew Toy – Your best bud can chew and play while not having to move around.
- Bob-A-Lot Multichambered Interactive Toy – The puzzle solving aspect can help to work your puppy pal’s brain while not making them move their legs.
Post Spay, Neuter or Abdominal Procedures
Here are some toy ideas to help keep them engaged without a lot of movement or rough play.
- Hartz Dura Play Dog Bone – These are great for providing hours of chewing fun without the toy rolling away. Want an added bonus? It smells like bacon!
- Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Snoop – Your best bud will get a ton of play and treats without a ton of movement making it fun and rewarding.
- Outward Hound Doggy Blocks – Watch as your little hunter searches for food and treats without having to run around.
Restricted Exercise Recovery
If your pawed pal needs to stay calm while recovering, here are a couple toys to keep them entertained.
- Go Dog Shellz Clam and Shrimp – These fun sea creatures are soft enough for comforting him while durable enough for soft chewing and tugging.
- Caitec Suction Cup Pupsicle – Suction this treat holder to the floor to offer an effective way to entertain your barking bestie.
- Kong Quest Starpod – A low-profile puzzling treat dispenser to provide mental stimulation while healing.