Two new movies opened over the weekend and neither was able to scare Monsters University from the top spot on the list. In it’s first 10 days out, Monsters has earned $171 million. It will be interesting to see what happens to Monsters’ box office take when Despicable Me 2 opens this week. You can check out TimeToPlayMag.com’s review of the movie plus reviews of the toys and games for the movie by visiting our Monsters University page, here.
Of the two new comers, The Heat (starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy) had a great opening with $40 million while White House Down (starring Channing Tatum) failed to get up into the Top 3.
Here is The Top 10 for the weekend of June 28 – 30, 2013:
1. Monsters University ($46,180,000)
2. The Heat ($40,000,000)
3. World War Z ($29,800,000)
4. White House Down ($25,700,000)
5. Man of Steel ($20,820,000)
6. This is the End ($8,700,000)
7. Now You See Me ($5,500,000)
8. Fast & Furious 6 ($2,410,000)
9. Star Trek Into Darkness ($2,040,000)
10. The Internship ($1,425,000)
New Movies in bold.
Figures from Box Office Mojo
Follow me on Twitter for more movie news @JeffMMcKinney