Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones was the only new, major opening over the weekend and while it didn’t open in first, it did shuffle the Smaug/Frozen hold on the Top 2. Frozen moved from second back to first, while The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug dropped from first down to third.
In it’s six weeks in theaters, Frozen has earned $297.8 million (domestic) and the $20.7 million that it took in over the weekend was the third-highest sixth weekend ever. The movie should pass the $300 million mark this week.
Check out TimetoPlayMag.com’s Frozen page for a review of the movie and toys from the movie.
Here is The Top 10 for the weekend of January 3 – 6, 2014:
1. Frozen ($20.7M)
2. Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones ($18.2M)
3. The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug ($16.2M)
4. The Wolf of Wall Street ($13.4M)
5. American Hustle ($13.2M)
6. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues ($11.1M)
7. Saving Mr. Banks ($9.1M)
8. The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty ($8.2M)
9. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ($7.4M)
10. Grudge Match ($5.4M)
New Movies in bold.
Figures from Rotten Tomatoes.
Follow me on Twitter, , for more movie news.