The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, easily won the top spot on the list in it’s debut weekend. The movie earned a staggering $161.1 million, which is the best opening ever for a movie in the month of November. That $161.1 million, which is still an estimate, puts Catching Fire in superhero premiere territory and has Katniss sitting in the V.I.P. room with Iron Man, Batman and Harry Potter.
You can read TimetoPlayMag.com’s full review of Catching Fire here.
Speaking of superheroes, Thor dropped from 1st to 2nd in his third weekend. The movie took in another $14.1 million, which represents a huge drop from it’s previous weekend.
Here is The Top 10 for the weekend of November 22 – 24, 2013:
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (LGF $161,125,000)
2. Thor: The Dark World (BV $14,117,000)
3. The Best Man Holiday (Uni. $12,522,000)
4. Delivery Man (BV $8,215,000)
5. Free Birds (Rela. $5,300,000)
6. Last Vegas (CBS $4,400,000)
7. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa Par. $3,450,000)
8. Gravity (WB $3,305,000)
9. 12 Years a Slave (FoxS $2,800,000)
10. Dallas Buyers Club (Focus $2,770,000)
New Movies in bold.
Figures from Box Office Mojo
Follow me on Twitter, , for more movie news.