Earlier this month TTPM made it’s way to Las Vegas for the annual ABC Kids Expo, which provides its thousands of attendees—from businesses large and small to journalists, bloggers, and trendsetters—a sneak peek at what are sure to be some of the hottest trends and products coming to baby next year.
And lucky for TTPM readers, not everything that happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
This year, strollers seemed to take the cake for new gear in the spotlight. And while these wheeled vehicles dominated the floor, there were other products that caught our attention at this year’s show. We narrowed the thousands down to a fiercely curated 16 items to look out for in 2015.
1. Bugaboo is working on your fitness, mamas. The Bugaboo Runner is the first jogging stroller from this luxury stroller company. You can use your existing seat from you bugaboo stroller to use with this frame. And the best part is your babe can be rear or forward facing while you get your jog on.
2. The soft muslin swaddle blankets, which have a cult-like following now, are growing with your child. Launching in March, Aden and Anais is introducing a line of toddler bedding, which is just as soft and features the same whimsy prints as its other products.
3. Is it a car seat? Is it a stroller? It’s both. The Doona’s Car–Seat Stroller gives families a two-fer with integrated wheels that drop down to transform the car seat into a full-size stroller.
4. The Quinny Yezz stroller is for the family on the go. This is a lightweight stroller, which weighs 11 pounds and can easily fit in the overhead compartment on most airplanes. Running through the airport is also no problem, since it builds for easy carry over your shoulder.
5. No more messing with baby formula when you are out and about with your babe. The Mixie baby formula bottle is the first bottle on the market that allows you to store your formula inside the bottle, in a dry compartment, and then mix it in later without ever needing to measure or scoop formula. This is a safe and clean way to take your feedings on the go.
6. Orbit will offer it’s first jogging stroller, expected to launch in summer 2015. The Orbit Baby O2 is a three-wheeled jogging stroller and everyday stroller in one, which converts with a quick click to move the seat up or down. Keep baby elevated for everyday strolls around the city or lower the seat for more stability on a jog.
7. To tackle endless kiddie cups left in the sink, PUJ offers the Filla. This is a two-piece cup system, which uses a nub that attaches to your refrigerator on which the cup conveniently hangs. Look out for this item in early 2015.
8. Delta Children’s Products will launch the 5-in-1 High Chair in early 2015. This is a one-stop high chair that converts from a floor seat to a high chair to a toddler chair all in one handy dandy product.
9. One of the most unique infant car seat on the market, the Cybex Cloud Q Infant Car Seat was this year’s JPMA Innovation Award winner. This is an infant car seat that reclines completely. After driving around the block several times at 3 a.m., the car seat can be safely reclined as baby slumber. (Parents—You know what I’m talking about!) The seat does not recline in the car for obvious reasons. Cybex also makes a stroller that works with this car seat and still use its recline feature.
10. Tiny Love’s Peek A Boo Mobile offers your babe a sweet slumber as friendly animal faces weave in and out of view as they go around. It will be available in early 2015.
11. The 4Moms MamaRoo got a techy update, and there’s an app for that! This popular baby rocker/glider/swing can now be controlled via an app from any corner of your home.
12. Off-road in luxury with the Stokke’s Trailz all-terrain stroller. The über luxury brand Stokke is launching its first all-terrain stroller in early October. A waterproof basket, larger tires, and five-position option make this a versatile stroller for strolling or off-roading!
13. Uppa Baby’s popular Vista stroller is now available as a double stroller. This is a big deal and will be great to accommodate growing families. You can fit any seat combo—two bassinets, two car seats, two toddler seats. It will be available in winter 2014.
14. Britax introduces Click Tight Technology in its convertible car seats. This is the easiest car seat installation we’ve seen. The system threads seat belt straps directly underneath the seat to give the car seat one of the most secure fits. Click Tight Technology Car Seats are in stores this month.
15. Plant-based kids’ tableware is what JJ Rabbit has in store. These are whimsical colorful mealtime goods with small figures on the bottom that make a fun surprise when kids drink from them.
16. British stroller brand Silver Cross is the Rolls Royce of prams and it’s finally making its way across the pond to the US. The handmade Silver Cross US Collection comes in at a starting price of (gulp) $3,000! Forget a college fund, we need a stroller fund.