Dress up your next party with these Candy Friendship Bracelets. Follow the latest fashions and stack a few bracelets. Be sure to mix and match colors.
Supplies make enough bracelets for about 30 kids.
• One 12.4 ounce pack of Twizzlers Rainbow Twists
• One 14 ounce pack of Twizzlers Pull ’n Peel Candy
• Scissors and sharp knife*
• Small jars or other decorative containers (optional)
Instructions for this simple craft:
1. Party host should use a sharp knife to cut Twizzlers Rainbow Twists into half-inch pieces. These pieces will be the beads.
2. Separate one Twizzlers Pull ’n Peel Candy into individual strands. Take one strand and tie a knot at the end, leaving approximately two inches to tie the finished bracelet together. Repeat for each bracelet.
3. Have children string the beads onto a strand of Twizzlers Pull ’n Peel Candy, leaving one-inch of room at the end to close it off. Encourage the kids to experiment with different color combinations.
4. Tie another knot at the end of the finished bracelet. Then tie the bracelet around the child’s wrist by making a third knot. If you don’t have enough room or the Twizzlers Pull ’n Peel Candy breaks, you can also attach the bracelet by simply pinching the two ends of Twizzlers Pull ’n Peel Candy together.
Here’s a tip to turn this into a fun party or classroom activity.
Create candy friendship bracelet “kits” by placing beads and few strands of Twizzlers Pull ’n Peel Candy into small jars or other decorative containers. (Each bracelet requires approximately 10.5 inches of beads.)
For more great craft ideas from The Hershey Company click here.
*Parents and caregivers: Please make sure you help the kids with this activity. Sharp knife is for adult use only.
(The completed craft is for decorative purposes only. Candy used in craft should not be eaten.)