Strollin’ in Style: Top 6 Stroller Recommendations
A stroller is quite possibly the most important piece of baby gear purchased by new parents. Given the importance and (let’s face it) visibility of the stroller, this is the baby gear people often splurge on. For urbanites, a stroller is a major mode of transportation and used for everything from running errands, long strolls in a park, and for getting from point A to Point B with baby in tow. Choosing a stroller can be daunting, and there is no shortage of features to consider when picking your baby’s sweet ride. We’ve rounded up five popular strollers with standout features to help you narrow down your options.
1. Bugaboo is a brand synonymous with stroller luxury, and the Bugaboo Bee3 van Gogh Special Edition is a lightweight stroller that handles the busy streets of NYC like a champ. The fold is quick and simple, making getting in and out of taxicabs or tackling subways stairs a cinch with baby on your hip. The sunshade is generous, while the seat grows with your child by simply extending the seat and seat back. The Van Gogh sunshade is made of a gorgeous silk-like fabric that’s still water repellent and protects your child from the sun. Parents have the option to switch out the sunshade for a myriad of choices. Why Van Gogh, you might ask? Bugaboo used the artist’s Almond Blossom painting and teamed up with the Van Gogh Museum to create this high-end special edition stroller.
2. For ultimate luxury, the Orbit Baby G3 is an entire stroller system for your babe that goes from birth through the toddler years. The system starts with a super sturdy base and has various seats that attach to the frame, allowing you to customize it to your needs. You can also purchase a separate base for the car that allows the seats to be used there as well. The wide base has shock absorbing wheels, a generous storage basket, and even a “paparazzi shield.” The Orbit G3 base allows the seat to turn a full 360 degrees, so you can have your child forward, rear, or even side facing. With the car seat, that means you can load up baby in the car while facing them, harnessing them in, and then adjusting to a rear-facing seat, which saves a ton of backache. No literally, have you tried to take a baby in and out of a car…thanks Orbit! The Orbit G3 screams luxury so get ready to fork over the funds for it.
3. This is the little stroller that truly behaves like a big stroller. The Armadillo from Mamas and Papas is a stroller with a generous seat, full recline, and a cozy extra-large sunshade to keep baby nice and comfy. If you are short on space, this stroller has got your back with a super compact fold that takes the Armadillo from a full stroller, when extended, to taking up hardly any space at all.
4. The Britax Affinity is the brand’s luxury option, and it’s designed to stay with you from birth through the toddler years. It features forward or rear facing seats, full recline, adjustable footrest, generous canopy, roomy storage, and a few extra luxury details. Its super sleek design combines functionality and good looks. It’s also totally customizable, allowing you to pick out colors for the frame or the seat. The Affinity uses Britax’s Click and Go System so you can easily attach car seats, bassinets, or switch the seat from forward to rear facing in a snap.
5. Stay fit while cruising with baby in the Bob Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller. This is a three-wheel, lightweight jogging stroller that is easy to fold, compact and—best of all—can be used as an everyday stroller. It’s basically two strollers in one. The high impact wheels with pneumatic tires tackle the bumpy roads while keeping your child comfy inside. This stroller has a front wheel that locks in place or swivels, allowing you to take on curves or stay on a straight path while jogging.
6. For an all-in-one stroller that takes baby straight from birth through the toddler years, the Chicco Bravo Quick-Fold Trio System is our go-to on a budget. The Bravo includes the KeyFit 30 infant car seat and base, along with the stroller. All pieces click together so parents can move from car to stroller without waking up their sleeping babe. The Chicco Bravo has a one-step, one-hand fold and stands upright once folded. And with multiple color options, this stroller system will still have you looking chic without breaking the bank.