Five Toys to Fuel April Fools’ Day Fun
April Fools’ Day has got to be one of my favorite holidays. While truthfully I’ve never been a very good prankster, I’ve managed to surround myself with some of the best. I’ve been the victim of The Office classic Jim Hepburn-approved stapler in Jell-O. I’ve had friends move my bed into the building laundry room. But no one knows a good prank better than those in the toy industry. So, with April Fools’ Day just around the corner, we are offering up some of our favorite toys to aid in your pranks, practical jokes, and hoaxes.
- The Minions may be small but they still know how to serve up some great practical jokes. The Despicable Me 2 Fart Blaster from Thinkway Toys brings to life this essential tool from the films and the silly fun of these little yellow jokers. Kept out of site, this toy can serve as a modern day whoopee cushion. Out of sight in Joke Mode, the blaster will start making fart noises on its own.
Sky Rocket Toys’ Prank Star line is dedicated to pranks year-round, from classic fart machines to squirting phones to annoying crickets. But the following two are standouts in our mind:
- Great for the warmer weather this spring is the Prank Star Farting Bubble Blaster. While it looks like a traditional bubble blaster, load it up with solution, and let it rip—literally. While you might be familiar with scented bubbles, these are some foul smelling fart-scented bubbles that are sure to evoke a mass exodus.
- We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: kids can’t get enough of the gross fun of bodily functions. Behold Prank Star Poo-Dough. It feels like Play-Doh but looks like poop. It even comes with a poo-shaped mold to add to the realism. Place it around the house to trick and gross out some unsuspecting victims.
- Nothing beats a good sneak attack scare, and cats are known for this move. But you don’t need an actual cat to prank your family and friends when you’ve got Cat Paws from Wicked Cool Toys. With real cat-like sound effects, pull the trigger to imitate cat scratching action, unexpected meows, and screeches that will even annoy real pets.
- Things that creep and crawl are always good bets for a practical joke, and Hexbug has captured the life-like motion of these creatures. For maximum freak out potential, we refer you to the Hexbug Mouse Robotic Cat Toy (not just for cats), which scurries like a real mouse, or the Hexbug Zombie line, which features glow-in-the-dark creatures and slither and crawl.
But no matter if you are the prankster or the pranked this April Fools’ Day, the key is to simply laugh about it, have fun, and always sleep with one eye open.