Once again, Guardians of the Galaxy ruled the box office and Ninja Turtles followed in second place. Overall, the combination of the NFL season kickoff, no new movies opening and kids returning to school contributed to the domestic box office’s worst performance in 13 years.
Here is The Top 10 for the weekend September 5 – 7, 2014:
1. Guardians of the Galaxy ($10.4M)
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ($6.5M)
3. Let’s Be Cops ($5.6M)
4. If I Stay ($5.6M)
5. The November Man ($4.3M)
6. As Above/So Below ($3.9M)
7. The Giver ($3.4M)
8. When The Game Stands Tall ($3.4M)
9. The Hundred-Foot Journey ($3.1M)
10. Lucy ($2.0M)
New Movies in bold.
Figures from Rotten Tomatoes.
Follow Jeff on Twitter, , for more movie news.