It looked like One Direction: This is Us was going to take the top spot for the Labor Day weekend. The 3D concert movie opened in 1st place but by yesterday, Lee Daniels’ The Butler reclaimed #1 and bumped the boy-band-biopic back to #2. We’re the Millers had another strong weekend and came in 3rd while Planes landed up a spot from last week to 4th. The debut of Spanish-language family comedy Instructions Not Included, rounded out the Top 5.
Here is The Top 10 for the Labor Day Weekend of August 30 – September 2, 2013:
1. Lee Daniels’ The Butler ($20,010,000)
2. One Direction: This is Us ($18,000,000)
3. We’re the Millers ($15,930,000)
4. Planes ($10,668,000)
5. Instructions Not Included ($10,000,000)
6. Elysium ($8,300,000)
7. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones ($6,800,000)
8. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters ($6,050,000)
9. Getaway ($5,530,000)
10. Blue Jasmine ($5,308,000)
New Movies in bold.
Figures from Box Office Mojo
Follow me on Twitter, , for more movie news.