DoodleJamz JellyBoard and JellyPic Squish N' Shape Drawing Pads Review (Sky Castle)

DoodleJamz JellyBoard and JellyPic Squish N' Shape Drawing Pads
PRICE CHECK
   
EDITOR'S REVIEW
OVERALL EDITOR'S RATING:
What It Is

We tested both the DoodleJamz JellyPics and JellyBoards, and both are addicting, and very hard to put down. The idea for both is similar, the media is trapped between 2 layers of movable film, rather than out in the open where it can make a big mess. Moving the materials around couldn't be easier. You can either use the included stylus to shape the beads/ jelly, or just use your hands. It's honestly a very pleasing tactile experience to just fidget with the pads, but you should aspire to more! Your creations hold their shape very well if left alone, but at the same time, they can be rearranged easily if you so desire. Both pads have a removable and reversible background. You can print your own custom backer card at home, either from DoodleJamz' website or from your own personal image library. What we're saying is, there are tons of replay value here. Bored of your current creation, reshape it! Need a new background? It's super easy to switch.

One of the coolest aspects of JellyBoards is the portability. No mess and a small size means you can take it with you anywhere. Despite the precision you can achieve with the stylus, there does seem to be a ceiling with how precise you can get, especially with the JellyBoard. But hey, if you enjoy unpredictability and are open to having your ideas evolve on the fly, the JellyBoard might just be for you!

Is It Fun?

Both DoodleJamz JellyBoards and JellyPics are endless fun! Whether you enjoy loosey-goosey or precise art, there is a DoodleJamz pad for you.

Who It’s For

DoodleJamz JellyBoards and JellyPics are great creative outlets for young artists age 3 and up.

What To Be Aware Of

- You can get JellyBoards to do what you want 90% of the time, but the other 10% of the time they have a mind of their own. This can be a pro, con, or neutral element, depending on the individual!

- More backgrounds can be found at doodlejamz.com/gallery/.

AT A GLANCE:
  • Fun

  • Repeat Play

  • Assembly & Instructions

    None or Very Easy