Impress your kids with these Halloween-themed quesadillas. Perfect to serve at a party or spice up your family’s dinner routine. There are multiple recipes options below. Find one that fits your family.
What You’ll Need:
8 (6 inch) Market Pantry Flour Tortillas*
1 cup Market Pantry Colby Jack Shredded Cheese*
1⁄4 cup pineapple, cut up
1⁄2 package Market Pantry Healthy Honey Ham Deli Slices*
Snap peas or celery sticks
1⁄2 cup Market Pantry Reduced-Fat Mayonnaise*
2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
1. Place 4 tortillas on cutting board. Using spoon, butter knife or small cookie cutters, carve out eyes, nose, and mouth.
2. Sprinkle 1⁄4 cup cheese on each remaining tortilla. Dot with pineapple and ham. Top with “carved” tortillas.
3. Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat. Place a quesadilla, face-side up, in skillet; cover. Heat about 4 minutes until starting to brown and cheese is mostly melted. Flip over carefully.
4. Heat about 2 minutes longer until warm through. Invert onto serving plate. Add a snap pea or celery stick at the top for a stem.
5. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Serve warm.
6. To make dip, mix ingredients in small bowl.
Here are some tips for making different varieties. Find your family’s favorite.
• To make pizza quesadillas, substitute mozzarella cheese for colby jack. Omit pineapple and use pepperoni slices and/or ham. For dip, use marinara sauce.
• To make Southwest-style quesadillas, substitute Mexican-style cheese and dot with refried beans. For dip, use salsa.
• To make orange pumpkin faces, use pastry brush to paint carved tortillas with colored water. To make, use 1 or 2 drops food coloring in small bowl of water. Make goblin or zombie pumpkin faces with green or purple-colored water.
Makes 4 quesadillas
*The Market Pantry Line can be found at your local Target store.