The Play Forum is a collection of voices from parents and people in the toy and children’s entertainment industries. Read what’s on their minds, and join the conversation.
With spring already here and many students on spring break, here is a perfect craft to work on this spring break with your kids! My daughter loves to help out, especially in crafts, so she was thrilled to be able to do this craft with me.
With only a few materials you and your toddler will be able to make these fun cookie cutter birdseed ornaments to hang out on the front porch.
We are always hearing birds outside our home. I knew we needed some birdseed so my daughter could see the birds hanging around our home, picking on birdseed, and enjoy the nature around us.
This project is a great way to introduce your children to birds and nature during the spring. Hope you enjoy!
To create this craft with your kid, you will need the following:
- 3/4 cup of bird seed (I bought a $5 bag at Target.)
- 1 packet of Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 cup of water
- cookie cutters (large & medium size)
- twine or string
- a straw
- wax paper
- large bowl
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the gelatin. Over medium heat, stir the gelatin until completely dissolved, about five minutes. Let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine birdseed and gelatin mix. Let your kids mix the birdseed mixture with hands or spoon.
3. Lay a piece of wax paper on the table and place your cookie cutters on top. Add the birdseed mixture to the cookie cutters by pressing down so they are fully packed. Once done, create a hole by pressing the straw into the mixture and removing. This will help attach the string to hang the birdseed ornaments.
4. Place all the birdseed ornaments in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Then remove them and let them dry at room temperature for a complete day before adding the twine or hanging them outside.
Happy spring crafting!
Looking for more crafty ideas for the kids? Visit TTPM’s Arts & Crafts Toy section.
Action Figures, Activity Toys, App Accessories for Kids, App Toys, Arts & Crafts, Back to School, English-Spanish Bilingual Toys, Birthday Party Activities, Boys Toys, Collectible Toys, Construction Toys, Dolls, Dress Up Toys, Eco-Friendly Toys, Educational Toys, Games, Girls Toys, Goody Bags Items, Kids' Rooms, Music Toys, Outdoor Toys, Pool Toys, Pop Culture & Collectibles, Preschool Toys, Puppets, Puzzles, Radio Control Toys, Riding Toys, Role Play Toys, Science Toys, Seasonal Toys, Special Needs, Sports Toys, Stuffed Animals, Tech Toys, Toy Cars, Toy Trains, Toy Trucks, Travel Toys, Water Toys
The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Frozen, Godzilla, Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return, Maleficent, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Muppets Most Wanted, Planes: Fire And Rescue, Rio 2, RoboCop, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers: Age of Extinction
© TTPM ® 2008 – 2015