As Easter quickly approaches, I’m super excited to be sharing a fun craft you can do with or for your kids. I feel honored to be sharing it on Time to Play with you. As all the stores stock their shelves with Easter products, I thought I would share one of our favorite crafts that we love to make to decorate for Easter. It’s not only a fun decoration, but it also makes cute little bunny hand puppets for your kids.
To make this adorable Easter Bunny craft, all you need is:
- a paper cup of any size
- white and pink cardstock/construction paper
- whatever you have around the house that is pink and white
- a black marker or Sharpie
- a glue stick or double-sided tape
- some wobbly stick-on eyes or candy eyes (I had some Wilton candy eyes left over from a cookie baking idea that I did and figured we could use those.)
Steps (Please see below for images that accompany the steps.)
1. First, stick the eyes on with your double-sided tape or glue.
2. Draw some eyelashes for your bunny with your black marker. Then cut out a circle from the pink paper to make the bunny nose.
3. Cut out some oval shapes at the edge of the white paper to make bunny paws. Use your black marker to make paw prints on your cut-outs.
4. Then cut oval shapes out of the white and pink construction paper to make the ears. You stick them together with your double-sided tape or glue.
5. Then you use your double-sided tape or glue to glue it all together.
That’s it! It takes 15 minutes to do and it’s super simple. You will have a blast making these with your kids, and you will also have some cute Easter decorations and/or hand puppets for your kids. I hope you enjoy this idea just as much as we do!
You can find more crafts and family fun from Vanessa at www.thequeenofswag.com.